The Future in a Post Brexit World - CASLE Golden Jubilee Launch - 08/11/2018
The Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy (CASLE) held a lunch at the RICS Headquarters in London to launch the CASLE Jubilee year. The event opened with a short address from Mrs Susan Spedding, Secretary General of CASLE, who set the scene for the event. Mr Joseph Olusegun Ajanlekoko, President of CASLE gave a very positive address which was well received and is now available on the CASLE website (www.casle.org). Dr Louise Brooke-Smith (Past President, RICS) followed this with an inspiring presentation on behalf of RICS.
The theme of the day was ‘CASLE – the future in a post Brexit world’ and included workshop style discussions which focused on new ideas for the ongoing strategic development of CASLE. The questions posed for the discussion groups were as follows:
- Do you think the Commonwealth will be more relevant in member nations Post Brexit?
- Is there still a need for organisations such as CASLE?
- What are the areas CASLE must focus on?
- How can we increase funding?
- How can we increase membership?
- Who are the likely sponsors?
- The impact of technology on the future role?
The reports from the workshop leaders are being analysed and will be considered and further developed by the Management Board.
This article was published in Geomatics World November/December 2018Last updated: 26/11/2018