NCTech Unveils iSTAR Pulsar for Mobile Mapping - 22/05/2018
NCTech, a developer of reality imaging systems, has announced the availability of iSTAR Pulsar, a professional edge-to-cloud big data system, optimised for capture on the move.
iSTAR Pulsar is designed to capture 360° data while mounted on a vehicle, drone or on foot. The system is designed for ease of use and does not require any photography experience or even a computer to operate. The app provides the ability to plan routes, as well as to view and share content online.
iSTAR Pulsar is designed specifically for the task of capturing moving 360-degree data, and was developed in association with Sony and Intel. The system can be used in a range of industrial and smart city applications, such as:
- Assessing the impact of new builds in urban planning
- Providing city documentation for asset management
- Delivering transportation analytics to reduce congestion
- Monitoring crowd flow to increase security
Neil Tocher, co-founder and Chief Technical Officer of NCTech said “With just a tap, iSTAR Pulsar provides fully automated 360° panoramic image capture. It’s not a camera in a traditional sense – it is capturing huge amounts of high resolution data that is connected to our vast cloud processing pipeline, offering a fully automatic workflow from capture to delivery.”
NCTech’s dedicated workflow pipeline for iSTAR Pulsar provides a completely autonomous, edge-to-cloud solution for capturing 360° panoramic images at up to 7 frames per second. Delivering a lossless upload without compression artefacts, it provides the highest possible image quality at the press of a button.
- 11K spherical resolution delivering a 60.5 megapixel panoramic image.
- Pre-calibration to sub-pixel level
- Optimised for mobile platforms
- Weighted metering analysis ensures zones of high interest are perfectly exposed.
- Rugged design, weather resilient and shockproof, with built-in high accuracy GPS and IMU sensors to ensure effortless direct integration to GIS systems.
- Advanced symmetric and asymmetric encryption technologies ensure end-to-end data security from capture to delivery.