senseFly eBee X Adds MicaSense Camera for Enhanced Crop Analysis - 15/03/2019
senseFly has introduced the eBee X with the MicaSense RedEdge-MX camera, a dual solution for accurate and efficient crop analysis. By combining the eBee X with the MicaSense RedEdge-MX, it enables farming, agricultural science, forestry and environmental protection professionals to gain valuable multispectral crop insights more efficiently than with slower multirotor drones.
The RedEdge-MX multispectral camera is rugged and built to last. Capturing red, green, blue, near-infrared and red-edge spectral bands, data from this sensor can be used to generate true colour composites, basic crop health indexes and advanced analytical tools like flower identification and weed detection.
Key features include:
- The ability to capture plant health images & RGB (composite) images in one flight
- eBee X includes a unique endurance extension option. This unlocks flight time with the RedEdge-MX of up to 75 minutes (versus a maximum 59 minutes by default) for single-flight coverage of up to 220ha (540ac)
- High-resolution imagery: 8cm (3.1in) / pixel GSD at 120m (400ft) flight height
- Global shutter on all five lenses for distortion-free images
- An aluminium body for better durability and performance in the heat
- Full access to raw data; generate outputs using a wide variety of processing & analysis platforms
- Patent-pending DLS 2 for highly accurate radiometric calibration
The senseFly eBee X with MicaSense RedEdge-MX (including plug-and-play camera integration kit, Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS 2), and Calibrated Reflectance Panel) is available for purchase via senseFly distribution partners. It is priced at US$19,800 excluding shipping and importation taxes.Last updated: 18/03/2019